Thursday, December 21, 2006

Why, 'ello

Why, 'ello. 'aven't 'eard from you in a bit.

This blog post threatens to be random and uninspired, not because I have nothing relevant or inspiring to say, but because I am so tired and pressed for time. Dazel is vibrating in her vibrating chair, but the countdown's on till she becomes bored with that.

It feels like lots of things have been happening to me lately, but strangely, that doesn't make me feel like I have a blog post waiting to jump right out of me. So, errm, I will still mention a few things while I have a coupla seconds. I have been sick and so has Daisy, and it's been quite hard. Mark and I became marginally better at sucking snot out of her nose, but no matter what we do, it still sounds like she's struggling to breathe at night. However, despite being sick, she keeps getting cuter and cuter. The cuteness is practically off the charts. I have to say to all the prospective moms out there, I recommend 5 months of age. 5 months of age is phenomenal. She smiles and laughs all the time, and she does this new babbling thing that sounds exactly like "blah blah blah blah." She particularly does it whenever Mark and I are pontificating, and we richly deserve the mockery. Oh, and Mark said she FINALLY flipped back over onto her back today (she has been flipping from her back to her stomach but has thus far been unable to flip back).

Our apartment continues to suck ass. Our heater broke during some of the coldest days in November; after 3 days of waiting, they fixed it by installing a much crappier, weaker heater. Now, unless we have the thermostat up to 90, nothing happens. And even if we have it up to 90, it takes almost two hours for the apartment to get at all warmer. And last night, the heater stopped working in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. This apartment is CRAP! We are rather cold.

Mark and I went to Chili's yesterday. We went for what will sound like a very dumb reason to most people: Chili's plays a prominent role on the American version of "The Office" and watching it on TV made us want to go there. We are now ultimate tools of the consumer capitalist patriarchy. We had an Awesome Blossom, though no Baby Back Ribs.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, of course, manage to be interesting even when you have nothing to say. But hey! How about some more pictures of Daizl!!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

I'd love to post more pictures of Daizl, but first I have to figure out HOW to on my new computer. I will have to dig up the software for my digital camera, which was installed on my old computer, and reinstall it on the new. I really need to get to that. I photographed Daizl in her new Christmas outfit from Mita today and am dying to share it with my bazillions of fanatical readers (hahahaha
:-)

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I miss pictures, too! I am sorry you all are sick...I guess Mark has thankfully escaped from the germs. I am also sorry about your apartment...just thank god it isn't sewer problems (speaking from past experience). Was this Chili's a first experience for you? Tonight on the Office they went to Benihana's... :-)

8:27 PM  
Blogger specules said...

Your apartment woes make me angry. Ask Dave about our apartment senior year of college when the one thermostat that controlled both floors was in the downstairs apartment, and we were in the upstairs one. And the upstairs one was freezing and the bottom one sweltering. What do you think the guys downstairs did? (Hint: the answer is not "made it warmer.)

Re: new computer, you might try the following, if you haven't already:
1. connect camera to computer with cable
2. turn on camera to its normal play mode
3. hopefully dialog box opens on your computer - choose import using Microsoft Scanner and Camera wizard, which is Windows' native (included) program
4. windows explorer window should flash with an icon of a computer connecting to a camera
5. it will show the photos on your camera in a popup window and you can select which ones to import
6. you can give a prefix for the file names (e.g., 20061225DaisyXmas) and select or create a folder
7. it should import the photos

OR at step 3 you can instead...
3. when the dialog comes up, choose to do nothing and close the dialog
4. open a windows explorer window
5. there should be a camera device that you can open, just like you can open the C drive or D drive
6. when you open it, you should see a list of files just like in any other windows explorer window and in fact you can view thumbnails and drag and drop these images to your desktop or a folder in your desktop

I suppose I could have emailed you directly instead of posting this. Too late.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS--I don't know if you check email or your blog more often...I created a special present for Daisy on my blog, that you should check out when you get a chance.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sarah. Now I have that stupid baby back ribs song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.

Only one thing can make up for it--seeing a picture of Daisy in her Christmas outfit ;-)

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are weirder...Ron purchased two seasons of The Office off of iTunes and we watched about 15 episodes in a row, sitting on the couch for hours. We were drunk on The Office and as a new episode started, Ron would say, "I can't stand this! It's too painful! No more!" But then he'd turn the volume up...

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home