Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A good day

I had a good day. I thought I should announce it, because I realized I am only writing to my blog when I am cranky, thus giving the impression that I am always cranky.

I thought I should also clarify: I didn't mean to suggest that anyone gave me poor advice (those moms who said 3 months was a time when things get easier). I can absolutely see why people say that, and it seems true for most of the other moms in my group. I am starting to think that I was spoiled for the first 3 months by having an abnormally non-fussy baby. This is the first real problem that I've had with her (other than the not sleeping, which I've viewed as normal). Also, it was just a dumb question. Of course, whether things get easier or not depends upon what troubles your baby has. The babies who had colic (or some milder variation on colic) have gotten "easier" since they hit 3 months; the non-colicky babies, like Daisy, have gotten fussier since they hit teething troubles. And I know some babies don't start those symptoms till later. So--every baby is different, and it was a dumb question which points to some flaws in the way I've been approaching this mothering business, imagining these artificial thresholds she'd cross instead of just going with the flow.

Daisy had her 4-month pediatrician's appointment yesterday and the doctors seemed convinced that she was totally normal and healthy, so I'm guessing and hoping this fussiness is not caused by anything too terrible and that it will ebb and flow. It should also be noted that she did not cry when she got her vaccines this time, astonishingly enough to me.

The other thing that makes me happy lately relates to our old apartment building, where we felt harassed and disliked by the managers, made to feel like we were troublesome and unwelcome in the building, even though we were really good tenants, in all honesty. They gave us a hard time because our cats occasionally walked across the floor, their toenails clicking, apparently disrupting the totally insane woman who lived below us (even after we covered almost every inch of our floor with thick rugs, too). Anyway, Mark has bumped into several of our old neighbors since we moved and they each reported that the guy who moved into our old apartment is a TOTAL nightmare who has loud, alarming S & M relations each night and saws furniture at 3 AM, causing other people in the building to call the police.

Ha. Ha ha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home