Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pretty good day

Daisy slept for 9 straight hours last night and took a nap today that lasted 2.5 hours (her naps are usually half an hour). Today she was largely unfussy and did lots of babbling, which had pretty much stopped during the worst of the gum discomfort. It almost seemed like she was regressing, because she had been doing so much talking before the gum stuff started. She seemed happy pretty much all day and I am feeling a lot better physically.

So: I am noticing how closely linked to the baby's moods mine end up being. On a good day, I feel like a great mom and on top of the world. On a day when she's cranky, it's the opposite. Instead of getting all cocky today and thinking, "Wow, what a great baby. Wow, what great mothering I'm doing," I am going to remember how quickly things can change and be modest and tentative. I hope the gods will realize this and not smite us down with more baby teething agonies...at least not before I have a chance to rest and regroup so I can handle them more beautifully and gracefully.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hug & kiss.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thank you :-)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home