Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's reflection

Okay, so this year we had no heat on New Year's Eve, and it was freezing. But then I had a memory of how I spent this period of time LAST year, while about three months pregnant: on New Year's Eve, I was holed up in a hotel in Sacramento in the aftermath of a huge storm, doing battle with terrible nausea and watching a Curb Your Enthusiasm marathon (okay, that part wasn't bad) while Mark was out till the wee hours playing a KISS tribute show that he later deemed a pretty dismal gig. Despite my nausea, I wanted to eat something and we'd missed dinner, so Mark brought home a hamburger from Lyon's at about 2:30 in the morning. I remember berating him because it had no cheese on it, and only being able to take about three bites.

The next morning--New Year's day--we drove home, and I spent the afternoon throwing up Thai food through my nose.

Upon doing the math, I conclude that this New Year's was a vast improvement on the last.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I remember the Thai food story. New Year's has to be the most overrated holiday ever. Remember my San Francisco cop story? This year, I spent it quietly with a few friends playing my new favorite game, Carcassonne. Sarah, you HAVE to get it. It's so dorky. It's like RISK meets Scrabble meets Dungeons and Dragons.

Yep.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home