Friday, January 05, 2007

Pleasures of the mundane

The image below documents Daisy's fanatical devotion to her current favorite toy, Plastic Lid. Before you start to feel sorry for her, let me assure you that this girl made a killing on Christmas and Chanukah--absolutely spectacular presents. Yet the perverse girl's favorite toys of the moment are (in no particular order) Plastic Lid, Glasses, and Human Hair. If I weren't worried she'd poke her eye out or choke on some tiny part, I could probably leave her alone to entertain herself for hours with Glasses.

Anyway, Mark took this picture because we were both so amused by her persistence in hanging on to Plastic Lid. She clung to it in the bathtub, examining it from every possible angle, managed to hang on to it throughout the toweling off process, and was still clinging to it after being diapered. I guess she must have had to part with it when she was put into her pajamas (at which point she probably got greatly distressed and Mark had to sing one of her favorite songs--another endearing thing we've noted is that she DEFINITELY has favorite songs, ones she prefers to all others).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still adorable.

At least Plastic Lid only comes in Super Fun Quiet version. Unlike Soup Spoon.

:)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so long in this picture! How big is she now? --Melissa

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Heh! I guess Soup Spoon (and Pots and Pans) are just around the corner, right? :-)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Hmmm...I am not sure how long she is. At her last appointment--about a month and a half ago--she was two foot one! So, I'm guessing she may be two foot two or so?? I will find out in two more weeks.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mita said...

Oh Daisy please stop GROWING. So cute!!!!!!!

2'2"?!!! That's only 3 feet shorter than me!!!

Plastic Lid is the best toy ever. Hee. Daisy should go into plastics. < /obscure reference from The Graduate>

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered the advertising opportunities here? Perhaps you should approach "Harvest Market" ;-).

I foresee Daisy's plastic preferences becoming a fabled family story that you embarass her with when she is about five feet tall!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until she discovers Mother May I Eat This Coin?

9:42 AM  
Blogger angrybeekeeper said...

That's rad. My 1 year old nephew Xander took the Swiffer (kitchen floor cleaning thing) to the entire perimeter of my Mom's house at Christmas.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home