Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Total, TOTAL disaster

Total.

I just wanted to send out a quick apology to anyone I owe an email or phone call to-- my life has gone so far beyond hellish that it's become a hilariously dark, dark comedy. First crying, then laughing ensued, then a blend of the two so closely intertwined the difference cannot be discerned by mere mortal ears. The state of affairs cannot be described in language. Perhaps a dissonant, loudly clashing, atonal piece by Philip Glass could begin to represent them.

To briefly summarize, we are moving; the move went disastrously wrong and maybe if I have energy someday I'll describe it on the blog; and I have no internet access because something's wrong with our DSL service. I am creating this post at work but I won't have much time. Both Mark and I have been on the brink of total nervous breakdowns and our physical health has been suffering (especially Mark, who I think has developed migraines in the course of this move, or some kind of headache that makes you need to go to the emergency room it's so bad). My mother has been helping us or we would be dead-- dead, dead, dead. She has also been sleep-deprived, like we are, and in terrible back pain from taking care of the baby and helping clean the old apartment. I think she and Mark will soon be in a fight to the death over the last remnants of my Super-Powerful Pain-Destroying Meds left over from my Cesarean section; she needs them for her back, he needs them for his head. If we're all still alive in a few days, and if we ever get internet service, I will catch up on email, blog, and phone calls!

The sad thing is that, as melodramatic as this post sounds, it doesn't even begin to capture how dire things are. Aaaaaaaaaaa!

EDIT: Irrelevantly--can there be "last remnants"? I am thinking I should have written simply "remnants" and that "last remnants" is redundant. Hmmm. I am just psychotic enough to care, deeply, about this issue, given the way every more important thing in my life is falling completely to pieces.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey--please take care of yourself!

I am worried.

3:52 AM  
Blogger nounsandverbs said...

Oh no -- are you guys OK? I know from stressful moving ... take care of yourselves. This will be over soon.

And yes, there is a possibility that we may come up to SF -- have to sit down and plan the trip out, but it's possible.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Mita said...

I like last remnants. Or maybe "the last OF the remnants"? Hmm ...

Hang in there sweetie. Remember your post about DESERVING this awesome apartment (despite the few faults ... but those will get better, I promise). And remember your horrible horrible downstairs neighbor that you've left behind. Warm tea. And chocolate truffles. And an early and big big big big mother's day kiss for m.b.

And ewwww ... I can't even share my word verification, but it's pretty gross.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a prescription for Mark. Take one antihistamine and three Advil. Headaches are sometimes caused by things that antihistamines can cure.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. I hope you guys are doing better!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the concern...we are doing somewhat better. At least we are fully out of the old place, so no more racing back and forth. Now we just have to sort through our thousands and thousands of boxes, and in our spare time, contemplate why we are both such horrible pack rats and ask the crucial question, "Will we EVER have the strength to move again?" If we ever do, we MUST go through our things and finally get rid of some things. We really have a problem.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thanks, Dad! We'll try that next time.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Last remnants" is definitely valid usage. You could have the next to last remnants, and then too, the last remnants could represent the tag end of a group that has been dwindling.

Like for ex: In the battle of Whoosus, over 80% of the battalion was killed. When the last remnants die, a monument will be erected from a life insurance policy they took out after the war. [The remnants being those who weren't killed in the battle.]

The headache - sounds like stress. Maybe something that a stiff shot at bedtime to ensure a good night's sleep could help? (Watch out for drug interactions if other meds are being taken!)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Ooh, thank you, grndexter. You have convinced me that "last remnants" is not embarrassingly redundant. And I like the shot idea, too. Is that wrong? :-)

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home