Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quotes of the day

My favorite is from her bath: "I'm being myself. I'm being myself in the bath."

Daisy has been saying a lot of things lately that make her sound older than she is-- like, "That's incredible!" or "That's weird!" or "Come along, Mama!"

I've noticed she is also experimenting with the "because" sentence structure. She talks and talks and talks and the word "because" enters into it a lot. I wish I could transcribe some of these convoluted sentences-- they are so funny, because the CONTENT that is filled into the "because" structure is almost completely random. In short, she is learning more complicated sentence structures and practicing them, but she doesn't quite understand what they mean, and this is making her say things that are funny funny funny.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

the CONTENT that is filled into the "because" structure is almost completely random

OMG enthymeme!!!!!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sari --

Hanna Ogi (heroine of movie Sayonara) does not have that book. If you are thinking about it for her, I know it's great. We haven't weighed her lately but she's average in size except that she's skinny so the best size for clothes would be 4T or just 4. She may swim in them for a few months but she'll grow into them and that's a size that should last her a goodish long time. The gorgeous coat you bought her last year is size 18-24 months and it fits her like a glove. A request: Would you bring Daisy's bathrobe when you come? The one we bought her when she was born but which was a size 2, the smallest size at the store. I remember it as being fluffy and cozy and I'd love to see her in it.

Can't wait!

Love Baua

P.S. Should I change my blogging name from the cumbersome one above to Ignatz Ratzkiwatzki?

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment probably dates me, but when I heard the phrase "That's Incredible!" it brought me right back to the late 70s TV show of the same name, along with the chocolate/mustard browns of the logo and set. Where do you think Daisy picked up the phrase from?

Fun to see what phrases become "catch-phrases"!

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction based on the wiki entry: That's Incredible ran from 1980 to 1984--I guess it was so long ago and that color scheme makes me think 70s! I do think that the early 80s up to about 1983 looks more 70s in style...

Freaky that they are now claiming that the show influenced hip hop:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That's_Incredible!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Oh yes! I remember "That's Incredible"!

Hmm, but I'm not sure where she picked it up. It must be something I say without being aware of it... along with all the horrible swear-words and phrases she has also, apparently, learned from good old Mommy :-)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home