Monday, January 26, 2009

Eating and cursing and being a wiseass

1. We have been having some better luck with Daisy and food lately. Notably, her favorite food is Asian food. Tonight she ate an entire bowl of miso soup with extra tofu--she was lifting up the bowl to slurp down the whole thing--and she begged for extra seaweed. (!!) She also ate a ton of edamame and chicken teriyaki. So--there are things this child will eat, and I just need to get used to the fact that she hates foods that I had expected her to like because most children do and kept preparing for her(i.e., anything with cheese in it).

2. I should probably not admit this, but tonight Daisy said to me, "Mom, how do you sh*t in the toilet?" I really think we need to watch the occasional swearing around her. Really. I get frustrated sometimes and these words do pop out. Either that or it's all Mark's fault. Yeah... that must be it.

3. I cannot even believe the crafty little things that come out of this child's mouth, now that she is two and a half years old. For example: today she was saying she wanted me to hold her while I was preparing her breakfast. I patiently explained that I needed my arms free in order to make the breakfast. Without even hesitating, this child replied, "You can make breakfast with one arm." Where in the world does this crafty little hard-bargain-driver come from???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home