Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am having a hard day

...and I can't believe Daisy is still awake. She has been babbling in her crib for 45 minutes. It is 9:30. I really need her to go to sleep. She had a very hard day... although she did say some things I find cute and funny enough to record. She has been asking about her third birthday (she knows the day), and I asked her what she would like for the occasion. She told me, very seriously, that she would like a cake or some other kind of treat, AND--wait for it--she would like to dress up as a waiter. That's right: she wants to be dressed as a waiter at her own third birthday. That is the highest joy her imagination came up with for her birthday. She did NOT ask for a pony or a bicycle.

Well, it figures. When I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she said, "a candy cane." And she meant it.

Another cute thing: Mark is out rehearsing with one of his bands, and before he left, he explained this to Daisy, except he said, "Daddy's going to play with his friends." So Daisy kept bringing this up to me all evening, how Daddy was out somewhere playing music with his friends, and at one point she said, "Mom, is Daddy with Paul and Gene?" (Those are the other members of KISS, excluding Peter, whom Daisy can never remember. Daddy is Ace.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I think wanting to dress up as a waiter on your own birthday is so hilarious! And humble!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Yes! Isn't it? I thought so, too.

Of course, Daisy thinks waiters, in their waiter uniforms, are very exciting and important people... so I guess she isn't really being humble. But I like to think she is.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home