Friday, June 23, 2006

That's what I thought

Took the test again and did (slightly) better when I changed some of my strongly-felt opinions...about Ernest Hemingway, the New Yorker, and math. :-)

English Nerd
You scored 89 erudition!
Not only do you know your subjects from your objects and your definite from your indefinite articles, but you've got quite a handle on the literature and the history of the language as well. Huzzah, and well done! The English snobs of Boston salute you.




My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 94% on erudition


If you liked my test, send it to your friends!
The Are You Truly Erudite? Test
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=11648818659165032135

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just took it too, and I got 89%. I knew you were more erudite than me.

Linda

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Oh no, we are equally erudite; I got 89% and that's only because I was untrue to myself on how I felt about Ernest Hemingway and the New Yorker!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

...oh, I see, you were talking about the second statistic? That one measures how you did competing against people of exactly your age and gender. I guess people my age are much less erudite than those exactly your age!

The test really provoked me. I don't see how (or why) you choose between Hemingway being "macho" and "misogynistic." And the question about _The Hours_ is messed up; the film is based on the novel _The Hours_ (which is based on _Mrs. Dalloway_), not on the novel _Mrs. Dalloway_ itself. And...yeah. Getting too nerdy. Shutting up now.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I got a 94. I don't have any idea what a volta is.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Were you "X091665"?

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home