Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rather oogly

I have not been feeling so well lately, and wanted to let folks know in case I seem like a remiss correspondent. Pride (and respect for your gullets) prohibits me from going into detail, but I've been having a food-poisoning-like problem for the last week or so, pretty consistently, and it got worse over the last few days. It's not food poisoning, though; I am 99% sure it's related to this pregnancy and to the squashage of my stomach and digestive tract as a result of my huge-osity. I have been having trouble with the not sleeping and the dehydration and the not wanting to be far from my home. I made it to a doctor's appointment yesterday and she told me to stay home and rest and eat what she called the "BRATT" diet (bananas, white rice, applesauce, dry toast, and tea). I am violating the orders today to go to Sonoma and see my parents, but I think I'd better try to be good about the regimen otherwise, because things in my stomach are in a most distressful state. I have this feeling they're not going to get a whole lot better, either, till I deliver the baby.

That, by the way, is supposed to happen in nine days. I know most women don't deliver on their actual due dates, but I am still in quite a state of suspense. I don't have the heart to even attempt any witty or cute comments on my blog. Everything feels serious. All my latent superstitiousness is rising to the fore to tell me that any cute flippancies now will come back to gravely haunt me or the baby when the big day comes. I am knocking on wood like crazy and avoiding a certain number that I will NOT repeat here (and multiples of that number). I intend to go back to being sane when the baby comes out, but not till then.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

Sweetie--listen to your doctor. If you need bedrest, stay in bed!!!!

I'm sending you all the sane and happy thoughts I have (such as they are). And thinking of you constantly.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it won't be long now! Just a few days...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Thanks, you guys!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home