Sunday, June 25, 2006

Meditation on good manners

I am becoming rather cranky. This is because I am extremely uncomfortable and often in outright pain.

Having spent most of my adult life trying very, very hard to be a thoughtful, considerate person, my current state of crankiness is of interest to me. There's no telling where it could take me into the realm of bad manners, but I feel just the slight beginnings of going there. You should have seen how I told off a woman with a Jaguar who falsely accused me of dinging her car door (after watching me try for 10 minutes to heave my huge bulk out of my own old, banged-up car without touching her way-too-far-over-in-its-space fancy-pants car). I should add that she yelled at me first. Mark can testify that I told her off beautifully and that she was quite taken aback, having initially assessed me as a person she could probably easily push around.

As I said, I am feeling rather cranky.

6 Comments:

Blogger specules said...

You go girl!

Welcome to the dark side.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mita said...

I love cranky Sarah. I can only hope that cranky Sarah has cranky nose--all scrunched up and mean-looking.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Aw gee, thanks guys! But I promise not to be cranky with YOU. (Uhhh, if I can help it... owwwww.)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay to be cranky sometimes! You can't be Sweet Sarah all the time, and you do have a great big excuse! :-)

5:53 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I truly and deeply admire you: OWN your crankiness! My last bout of crankiness, which has been coming on since last winter, finally frightened me so badly that... well, I'll put that on my own blog. But I say you are EXEMPT from common courtesy at this stage (and size).

9:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Oh wow, if I had known all my dear friends were so approving of my crankiness, I could have started being cranky years ago!

The weirdest thing is when I occasionally have to ("have to") give another driver the finger when I'm this pregnant... I have to assume that when you get the finger from a pregnant woman, you know you are a REALLY bad driver. But some of these people will practically run me over in the crosswalk when I'm waddling across. No kidding.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home