Thursday, August 07, 2008

Faintness

Recently I have become aware that I have rather low blood pressure. I now wonder if this might have some relation to my faintness problem. I haven't actually fainted all the way lately, but I have been having regular episodes of growing very faint and feeling alarm that I am going to pass out. One circumstance (exercise) makes a lot of sense that it would make me faint, but sometimes it comes upon me for no particular reason that I can see. This is a little scary to me and definitely not pleasant. I would like to donate blood, because I think it's a really good thing to do, but having fainted during a blood test once, I don't think I would dare.

4 Comments:

Blogger specules said...

Time to visit the doctor? If it's just a $10 copay you may as well go. Low blood pressure could mean lots of stuff, or nothing. They also have those cuffs at Walgreens (not supercheap, but available) to measure your blood pressure at home and establish a baseline to know if it's a chronic problem or a situational one. Could also be related to eating or drinking enough. Fainting around needles might be unrelated to health problems, though; lots of people get faint during blood tests. Which is not to say there aren't other issues to get checked out, just that that one might be isolated.

9:38 PM  
Blogger lumenatrix said...

Yeah, maybe see a doctor. If most of your light headedness stuff happens when you stand up or sit down that's blood pressure. It might not be a big deal- just something to be aware of- or it might be something they can fix, so it can't hurt to ask.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mita said...

Sarah, let's talk. About our blood conditions! :-)

But, first, I echo what everyone else says here. Go see your doctor. And then, depending, get a second opinion.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you are forgetting to eat and drink!!!! You've
GOT to pay attention to that. Do it as an experiment. Try eating breakfast and lunch and drinking lots of
water one day and see if you feel faint. Do it for Daisy!
M.B.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home