Sunday, February 01, 2009

Briefly checking in

The other night when I wrote that last post, Daisy actually babbled in her crib for a whole hour and a half before she went to sleep. The funny thing is that she never at any point became fussy or cranky. So, really, it was okay. I just couldn't believe she could talk to herself that long and still be in a good mood. Some brief notes, since I am feeling too tired for a proper post...

-Daisy is still doing well with potty training, and is now using toilets better when we're out, since I bought a portable potty seat to go over the big seat

-She is continuing to be a pretty fussy eater, overall

-She HATES clothing and gives me terrible struggles sometimes when I try to put her clothes on. She's okay with a shirt, but absolutely detests pants and sweaters/jackets. Shoes and socks are hit and miss. When she gets to wear tights (which she vastly prefers to pants), she runs around saying, "My legs are free! My legs are free!"

-She is very talkative, constantly full of outrageous commentary, sings and makes up songs and rhymes all the time, runs and dances and jumps and does all the physical things I was afraid she'd never do! She adores her music class beyond all things and still loves merry-go-rounds intensely.

-She is really into imaginative play, making stuffed animals and other dolls talk and do things, and pretending to be other characters herself, some of which is pretty weird--except that I've seen other two-year-olds doing it (she was calling herself "the lady monkey" all weekend, for example, but she is also "the waiter," "the sheep lady," "the girl I knew somewhere [a Monkees song]," and some other weird things.

--I think she has a very good memory and is going to be a great mimic, like her father. She's constantly correcting me now about things, and most of the time, she is right. She also sings along with me now to a large variety of songs and gets all the words, and she's really good at imitating different tones of voice; when she's acting out a scene with her dolls or animals, or reading a book out loud, it's hilarious to hear the way she changes her voice for the different characters.

My big confession is that she still drinks a bottle before she goes to sleep. There. I said it publicly. Oh yes, and she's still in a crib. I just haven't seen the need to transfer her. She likes her crib, she's happy in there, and she has never tried to climb out of it! I know the time is coming soon for a big girl bed, but I guess I'm letting this last as long as possible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home