Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bathwater tea

Yesterday, when I prevented Daisy from drinking a big cup of her own bathwater, she informed me, "Even grownups drink bathwater." She then expanded, "And persons drink bathwater. And babies drink bathwater." Very persuasive, but probably still not a good idea.

She has been narrating some story to herself for the last twenty minutes, nonstop. These are a few snatches I have caught:

"Hey, Henry! What? That's Dena!"
"'I'm so sorry,' said Mama."
"I'm going out shopping on the merry-go-round."
"Look, that baby's in the corner! Even grownups put their babies in the corner. And even persons get their babies to go into corners."

Hmmm... that sounds kind of disturbing, actually.

I just heard, "Daisy's in the corner, putting her mess all over the floor."
EDIT
Okay, Daisy is definitely getting a lot of mileage out of this "Even grownups..." formulation. Just now I told her not to write on the coffee table with her markers and she told me witheringly, "Even grownups write on coffee tables. Even PERSONS write on coffee tables."

3 Comments:

Blogger Mita said...

Hey now ... no one puts baby in the corner!

:-)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Heh! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. Poor dead brain cells....

4:20 PM  
Blogger Mark Meritt said...

On the darker side of Daisy's learning to talk...

Yesterday as I was putting her into her car seat, struggling a bit with getting it buckled, Daisy quietly said, "Jesus Christ."

Obviously, that's what I frequently utter when trying to wedge her into the seat. I'd better be careful.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home