Monday, March 20, 2006

I am a spam robot

Why do I say this, you may ask? Because today I failed the "Spam Robot Challenge" while attempting to write to Matt's blog. Although it is the first time I've officially failed, I've got to tell you that there have been MANY times when I was unsure I had the string of code correct, because sometimes it is very HARD TO READ. In this case, I am almost positive I failed because I confused a 9 with a q. I am also pretty positive that this will not be the last time I fail a spam robot challenge.

This irks me. (Though I want to clarify that I am not irked with anyone for *having* a spam robot challenge; I just feel that the blog gods and goddesses should make it easier to read. That way, I would have my status as a human effortlessly confirmed and not have to endure all the terrible existential pain of being told I am a Spam Robot. Sniffle. Would a Spam Robot shed real, salty tears?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

What is a spam robot challenge? Is it the same as when blogs ask you to type in random letters to prove you aren't a spammer? I have typed wrong letters/numbers because sometimes they are skewed or abnormal looking. It is sad to be deemed a robot.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But ... but ... LJ doesn't have a spam robot challenge, does it?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Yes! Live Journal has a spam robot challenge. But I think only if you try to post as "Anonymous." Ordinarily I would have just logged in, but for some reason the stupid computer I was at wouldn't let me log in. I have no idea why, but it's not the first time that computer has done that to me. So I was trying to post to your blog as "Anonymous" when I failed the spam robot challenge.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Hey Melissa,
Yes, that's the spam robot challenge. You have to type in a string of letters and numbers, and they are distorted and hard to make out. I am glad to know someone else has had trouble following them, too!! Maybe we can form a Sad Robot Society.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Yes, I agree, Albert--because actually, humans are imperfect and make mistakes. Also, humans can drink heavily or do drugs, and hence see a string of letters as bizarre little malformed entities floating through space, whereas a robot would never have altered senses and would accurately enter the code. That is what I declare.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home