Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Preggo Pig

Today I was literally shoving candy into my mouth as I was talking to a student about her paper--real professional. I think I may actually have spat some candied saliva on her at one point, though she was very polite and didn't say or do anything about it. I try to rationalize that I am eating for two, but honestly, I don't think the baby's going to suffer much if I eat less candy. Why does there have to be so much delicious Writing Center candy?

Finally I had to take the candy jar away from myself and place it in the other consultant's office. See? I *am* my own parent.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds as if Daisy has a sweet tooth.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I was going to ask you if you had any cravings, but I wasn't sure if you were past the nauseaus stage!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

If she's anything like me, she's going to have a horrible one (sweet tooth, that is)... at least I am not nauseated anymore!! (Melissa, that stopped around week 14 or 15, and I'm in week 23 now, so I've been fattening up REAL good since then... my body seems to be making up for not gaining any weight in the first trimester with a vengeance.)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be worse. I haven't heard you mention any cravings for nightmarish combinations such as pickles and ice cream, so at least her eating preferences are sedate.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Not at all. I suspect the "weird pregnant cravings" thing of being a myth, though maybe someone would want to argue with me? I am just grateful that food isn't making me sick anymore. (While I was especially sick, I watched _Rosemary's Baby_ three times and there's that part where she is cramming raw liver, or maybe raw kidney, down her throat...remember??)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mark Meritt said...

candy-saliva

he hee I like that. I love the image of you spitting on a student -- it's funny -- it's funny caue you spat on her (I think it was a woman...I can't remember -- my nose itches)

(I'm trying to represent my reactiosn in their authentic simplicity rather than through the medium of thoughtful, revised prose)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah Goss said...

Mark, is this the experiment with writing you said you were going to do last night, after I harassed you about responding to my blog?
:-)
That was wrong of me.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home